Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Walking the road

Last Friday morning I went for a walk along the Sea Point promenade. It's one of those things I wish I did more often and the idea was to post these pictures on the same day – but here I am five days later finally getting round to it. These Walking the Road sculptures by Marieke Prinsloo-Rowe have been around for quite some time now. Part of a pilot public art project – they are actually meant to be removed this month. I think it's safe to say they've been a huge success… a much loved addition to Cape Town's cityscape. I'm just hoping that whoever has to take them down is too busy or simply forgets so we can all enjoy them for a bit longer.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this awesome blog, windows into the city :) I also love these statues and it's sad that they have to leave :( keep up the goodwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlene… I'm glad you are enjoying it! I'm going to try and find out if they really are coming down (it was always meant to be temporary… but one can hope). But it would be quite interesting to know where will they go next?

    ReplyDelete